Iced tea mint honey and lime
Savour the pleasures of summer with our delicious mint, green tea and lime iced tea recipe. This refreshing and thirst-quenching drink is perfect for hot sunny days or to accompany a light meal with friends. The combination of green tea, fresh mint, lime and liquid honey creates an explosion of flavours that awakens the taste buds. Simple to prepare, this recipe will offer you a well-deserved break and will immerse you in a summer atmosphere.
- 1 liter of water
- 2 green tea bags (or 2 tablespoons loose green tea)
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of liquid honey (or according to your preferences)
- 2 large handles of ice
- Heat 1 litre of water until it simmers (do not let it boil to avoid making the tea bitter). Pour the hot water over the green tea bags into a jug or large container.
- Let the tea brew for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags (or filter the loose tea) after the brewing time.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the mint leaves. Squeeze the lime to extract the juice.
- Add the liquid honey to the hot tea and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the mint leaves and lime juice to the tea and honey mixture. Toss gently to combine flavours.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature for about 15 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to cool for 1 hour.
- Once the tea is cold, take it out of the refrigerator and add the two large handles of ice. Stir well so that the tea is well iced.
- Serve mint iced tea immediately in glasses with a few extra ice cubes, if desired, and decorate with slices of lime or mint leaves for a more aesthetic presentation.