Take your taste buds on a tropical journey with this refreshing recipe for pineapple-vodka granita! Perfect for hot summer days or to add an exotic touch to your gatherings with friends, this granita is both delicious and visually pleasing as it is served in a hollowed-out pineapple.
- 1 fresh, ripe and fragrant pineapple
- 200 ml vodka
- 100 ml cane sugar syrup
- Juice of one lime
- 400 g crushed ice
- Fresh mint leaves for decoration (optional)
- Cut the top off the pineapple and set it aside for decoration.
- Using a knife, gently hollow out the pineapple, leaving about 1.5 cm of flesh thickness. Be careful not to pierce the pineapple skin. Reserve the flesh to prepare the granita.
- In a blender, add the pineapple flesh, vodka, cane sugar syrup and lime juice. Blend until smooth and homogeneous.
- Add the crushed ice and blend again until you get a granulated consistency.
- Pour the pineapple-vodka granita into the hollowed-out pineapple. Place the previously reserved top back on top for a more aesthetic presentation.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to cool the granita.
- When ready to serve, add some fresh mint leaves for decoration. You can also add a straw and a little umbrella to enhance the tropical feel.