Homemade Sweet Iced Tea American-Style
Learn how to concoct a delicious Sweet Iced Tea in the style of the southern United States. This recipe is quick and easy to make, requiring few ingredients and almost no preparation time. Perfect for refreshing your summer afternoons, it will charm tea lovers with its sweetness and unique taste.
- 2 liters of water
- 6 herbal tea bags
- 200 grams of sugar (or your choice of sugar substitute)
- Choose two varieties of herbal tea that you think complement each other well.
- Pour the water into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Remove the paper labels from the tea bags, then place them in the water.
- Bring the water to a light boil, then turn off the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and let the tea steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the tea bags from the saucepan and add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- If you want to serve the tea hot immediately over ice, add a little more sugar.
- If you plan to cool the tea before serving, reduce the amount of sugar.
- Either way, serve this refreshing iced tea over ice.