Caramelized Apple Pie Milkshake: A Sweet Reminder of Vintage Flavors
Rediscover the charm of a sweet autumn evening with our unique milkshake infused with the flavors of caramelized apple pie. This recipe is a true invitation to travel back in time, evoking the warmth of vintage cooking, childhood memories, and the simple joy of family meals.
- 30g of salted butter
- 3 red apples (Gala variety or equivalent)
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1 pot of vanilla yogurt (125g)
- 900ml of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Caramel syrup for decoration
- A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Begin by washing the apples and then cutting them into cubes, leaving the skin on for a more rustic flavor.
- In a pan, melt the salted butter over medium heat. Add the apple cubes.
- Sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and mix well to coat the pieces. Let them cook for about 5 minutes or until the apples start to soften.
- Incorporate the ground cinnamon, and if you desire an extra aroma, a pinch of nutmeg. Stir and let it cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture begins to caramelize.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare your blender. Pour in the rolled oats, vanilla yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the caramelized apple mixture into the blender.
- Blend everything until you achieve a smooth and homogeneous consistency.
- Taste and adjust the amount of sugar or cinnamon according to your preference.
- Pour the milkshake into large, wide glasses.
- Top it with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- To crown it all, drizzle the whipped cream with a stream of caramel syrup.