Banana and Vanilla Infused Rum
A flavored rum that combines the tropical character of banana with the sweetness of vanilla, along with a hint of mild spiciness from cinnamon. Perfect for savoring slowly and immersing yourself in its complex aromas. Best served as an aperitif or digestif.
- 1 liter of 50° white rum
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 90g of grated coconut
- 120g of acacia honey
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean
- Peel the bananas and cut them into thick slices.
- Wash the lime and orange, then cut them into quarters.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- Take a large airtight glass container, preferably a jar.
- Place the banana slices at the bottom of the jar.
- Add the lime and orange quarters on top.
- Incorporate the acacia honey and maple syrup into the jar.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and the split vanilla bean.
- Cover everything with the grated coconut.
- Gently pour the rum into the jar, trying to submerge all the ingredients.
- Seal the container tightly.
- Place the jar in a dark and cool place for at least one month to allow for maceration.
- After the maceration period, strain the flavored rum into a clean bottle.
- Store it in a cool place and serve according to your preference.
- Tip : To intensify the flavors, let the rum age for as long as possible. The cinnamon will add a spicy dimension over time.